[TriLUG] Printer/scanner recommendations

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:47:53 EST 2015

Hey Igor,

I purchased a Canon MF8380CDW printer last year, and it has worked
perfectly.  It has all the features you are looking for: auto feeder
w/double sided feeding, wi-fi, RJ45 ethernet, etc.  Plus, the scanner sends
a PDF file via NFS/CIFS share, email, and local USB key (both black-n-white
and color scanning).

It seems this unit has been superseded by the new MF8580CDw.  Don't know
much about the new unit, but the 8380 is a good/solid unit.  The new unit
seems to be going for about $350 over at CDW (probably less at other
places).