[TriLUG] Printer/scanner recommendations

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Wed Feb 4 15:08:03 EST 2015

That has been my issue with Brother too: available Linux drivers.

When I was in the market for a printer / scanner a few years ago, the
Trilug recommendation was for HP because they generally provide Linux
drivers.

I have an HP all in one that doesn't have all the features you desire but
it works with WiFi for both printing and scanning via SANE feeding to a
graphic utility of my choice.  Getting the drivers to work via the HPLIP
has been a challenge under Ubuntu, a piece of cake under Slackware, and in
the middle under Mint so your mileage may vary.  What I recall being the
issue had something to do with the code for the type that you assign to
the port - which didn't match the documentation but I can't recall the
details off hand.