[TriLUG] Printer/scanner recommendations

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Feb 5 11:48:32 EST 2015

On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 15:52:37 -0500
Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/04/2015 02:31 PM, Igor Partola wrote:
> > I am (again) in the market for a new printer/scanner, and hope I can
> > benefit from the wisdom of this list.
>
> I promised HP support. some time ago, that I would demean their
> product offerings forever publicly. I am still at it. There was a
> hardware product problem with my All-In-One and those still under
> warranty got the fix. Mine was a month out of warranty yet they
> refused to fix the hardware, even after I offered to pay the freight
> both ways. Their excuse was that "I shouldn't have bought an
> entry-level printer". WTF?? That reply was so offensive it made my
> ears turn red. :( Ric

LOL, from 1983-1998 I badmouthed Epson because of an incident when I
applied for a job with them. I bet it cost them 100 sales or more, and
I was probably just one of many this guy screwed around with.

These companies should realize how bad it is to make an enemy. In your
case, Ric, they basically said "yeah, the printer we made for you is
shit, you should have spent more money." LOL, keep demeaning them, they
deserve it richly.

SteveT