[TriLUG] Any other ISP's out there

Aaron Thomas via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 31 17:39:15 EDT 2015

I begrudgingly have been using TWC residential for the last 8+ years as
it is either them or Centurylink.

For the most part I was satisfied with their service and it worked more
times than not. Since they changed their network, which I first observed
on 2015-03-16 as the public IP address went from 75.182.126.xxx to
45.37.13.XXX, in the guise of "network improvements" I keep seeing
random disconnects and failures from the TWC to respond to my cable
modem.

It is beyond frustrating to deal with their technical support as the
last guy wanted to change the wireless channels as in his experience
channel 11 worked better. They always blame my equipment if for no other
resason than I use linux. I have had more critical outages in the last 2
weeks than in the last 8 years combined.

Since google fiber will not be making it out this way , which is the
40/42 area of Johnston County, is anyone aware of any other ISP's that
might be an option besides the two monopolies? Whatever happened to
Wireless ISP's? I keep begging RST Fiber, but have yet to get an actual
response from them.

Thanks,
Aaron Thomas