[TriLUG] Any other ISP's out there

Lisa Lorenzin via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Apr 7 17:05:39 EDT 2015

hi aaron & brian,

as the TriLUGer with the mail problem, i'll observe that once the TWC LUG
member saw my email and became aware of the problem, it was completely
fixed _within hours_.

we're on the edge of the boonies - northwest durham, up off cole mill &
umstead, just over the county line into orange county.  i checked out
alternatives to TWC a few weeks ago while similarly frustrated with their
technical support - and what i found is that they are by far the best
service for the lowest cost.  the only other options were frontier and
hughesnet - frontier's max speed was 7mb, which i didn't even bother
asking for a price on, and hughesnet charged the same per-month cost for
lower bandwidth (10mb at hughes vs the 15mb we have with TWC).

to be honest, given that i'm able to work from home and run web and mail
servers off our existing residential internet service, i think we're
getting a pretty sweet deal from TWC - we've been _extremely_ happy with
their service when they're able to reliably deliver it.  however, my
experiences dealing with residential tech support have been similar to
yours - consistently frustrating.

aaron - like you, for the past few weeks, we've been experiencing the
ongoing service issue (our usual high-quality connectivity during the day,
but extensive intermittent connectivity lag / loss in the evenings) that i
mentioned in my initial email.  that issue has now been escalated beyond
the initial residential non-support, so i'm hopeful that it'll be cleared
up soon and our connectivity will get back to normal!

 						regards,

 							lisa