[TriLUG] Have A Job

via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Apr 10 19:44:12 EDT 2015

Evening, all.

As I mentioned last night, a client that I am working with right now, is in need of another PHP programmer, yesterday.

They told me that this is for 1099 -- W-2 -- Freelance people only.  Is
that a problem?

Title      : Senior PHP programmer
CMS experience like Joomla or Drupal would definitely be a help

Location: Ideally 1 to 3 days a week Onsite at Client Raleigh, NC

Duration : 3 months with the potential to be extended one year, based on
work and funding.

Skills overview:

We are looking for an experienced  PHP programmer to assist in extending
the functionality of a content management system (CMS) for the next
three months (potential to go for 1 year).

This developer should have a background in Joomla or Drupal to have an
understanding of CMS system architecture. In addition a good working
knowledge of CiviCRM integration and data management.

The developer will be working on custom software to support development
and deployment of a new web site, Fabrik One, including CiviCRM
integration.

This website is based on the Joomla CRM, and will require extensions and
enhancements to accomplish the client's goals.

Specifically, the CiviCRM integration will involve developing a
centralized single CiviCRM datastore that provides data to multiple CRM
sites within an overall web based enterprise wide cloud system.

Additional custom development will be required to enhance open source
joomla plug-ins and modules to meet our integrated Single Sign On web
solution.

I have been re-reading this post, and see that the client is stressing
Joomla and CiviCRM.  At this point, I think that if you are strong in
PHP, that will get you in the door, and the CMS knowledge and experience
can be learned, as necessary.  Yes, the project is Joomla-based, so
getting up to speed there is going to be required, of course.

Contact me off-list, and I will pass you on to the people in charge.

Thanks,
Brian