[TriLUG] Rescue CD

David Both via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Apr 15 08:21:53 EDT 2015

I am trying to find a good, recent rescue CD that I can use to rescue Windows
systems up through 8.1. There are several apparently well-regarded ones out
there, but most have not been updated for a few years. My primary criteria are
that it must run Linux and that it must be able to scan for current new malware,
viruses, spyware, Trojans, etc.

I have a customer with a Win8.1 box that is heavily infected. He has someone
whom he uses for this, and I have recommended another person who was recommended
to me by Intrex. I would just like to be able to do this myself when I run into
these types of issues since I am already on-site and trying to resolve problems
that may be related or affected by these infections.

I am already testing Hiren's Boot Disk, SystemRescueCD and Trinity Rescue Kit.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
Raleigh, NC, USA
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the
retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as
printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you
believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it
immediately.