[TriLUG] booting an external disk with grub 0.97

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Apr 21 13:15:52 EDT 2015

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, Lance A. Brown via TriLUG wrote:

> Call me nuts, but I'm running Python just fine using Portable Python
> 2.7.6.1 on my Windows 8.1 Lenovo Carbon X1.  Even comes with PyCharm and
> most useful python modules preinstalled.  Is there a specific reason to
> run linux?
>
> http://portablepython.com/

Last time I taught someone python on windows (at least 6yrs ago) it was a
nightmare. Neither python under cygwin or native windows python were
satisfactory. The number of bits of precision was different (eg they'd get 3
rather than 3.333) and a whole host of other things were different. I always had
to stop and go figure out why the windows person was getting slightly different
answers; had they done something wrong, or was it windows? It was always
windows.

I will try your version of python. What editor do you use and where do you store
the user's code?

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml