[TriLUG] Frazier for Steering Committee

Matthew Frazier via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Apr 22 00:13:07 EDT 2015

Hello, TriLUGgers,

I would like to nominate myself for TriLUG Steering Committee.

I have been an officer in the LUG @ NC State for the past three years
(Treasurer, VP, President, Treasurer again, and most recently
President), and a member of TriLUG and TriPython for about as long.
During my Presidency, I organized and MC'ed the past two NC State FOSS
Fairs, and recently orchestrated the server swap that got TriLUG a cool
new server (expect more details on that soon).

As a Steering Committee member, I would like to focus on communication
and organization. I want to make sure that TriLUG's meetings stay as
well-organized, welcoming, and interesting as they've been in the past
(and hopefully moreso), with all the little details figured out in
advance. I also want to ensure that we're on point with publicity,
through email, Web, IRC, Twitter, Facebook, and any other media we
decide to use. (My work with the LUG @ NC State, and specifically FOSS
Fair, has given me plenty of experience in these areas.)

I'm fully supportive of TriLUG's 501(c)3 incorporation, our
anti-harassment and diversity initiatives, and our general goal of being
welcoming to newcomers. And while I'm by no means as experienced a
sysadmin as others on our current SC, I'm excited about TriLUG's
upcoming infrastructure projects and willing to pitch in.

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier
(leafstorm on IRC)