[TriLUG] unetbootin [ Was Re: live ubuntu SOLVED [ Was ...]

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Apr 23 20:04:52 EDT 2015

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015, C TC via TriLUG wrote:
>
>> Strange. Never had a instance of this tool not run correctly.

> I ran it from Windows. I thought there  was the most chance of it running
> from there ;-) Half the time things don't compile on linux.
>
> I'll try compiling it from scratch.

I untarred unetbootin-608.tar.gz expecting it to create a directory
unetbootin-608. Instead it dumped all the files into my directory, requiring a
cleanup. I don't think I've seen a tarball that doesn't create its own directory
in 20yrs.

When you get in there you find it doesn't use make, it uses

lupdate-qt4, lrelease-qt4 and qmake-qt4

whatever the hell they are (and I don't have them). If a package doesn't use
configure and make, I usually don't bother.

I'm with Debian on this one.

I'm glad it works for you, and it sounds pretty neat, but I can't get it to go
on Linux or Windows.

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml