[TriLUG] TWCBC and IPv6

Brian Blater via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 8 10:42:51 EDT 2015

I have a TWC Business Class connection at home and if I'm not mistaken, my
modem supports IPv6 and I know my Firewall does.

I'm curious if anyone has contacted TWCBC and asked for an IPv6 subnet? Are
you getting a /64 subnet (which I understand is supposed to be the smallest
and default size) or if needed will they give you a /56 so you can subnet
if needed?

I've currently got a static IPv4 subnet, so wondering if getting the IPv6
is possible and most importantly how much is it going to set me back?

Thanks,
Brian