[TriLUG] New Qemu and VirtualBox docs for Linux

Hrivnak, Michael via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun May 24 12:49:14 EDT 2015

Thanks for sharing. FWIW, I think a much better comparison would be
virtualbox vs. kvm+libvirt+virt-manager. Your scripts allow someone to use
qemu+kvm without getting into qemu's command-line minutia. libvirt and
virt-manager have a similar goal, but they've been around a long time and
are the standard tools people use to manage qemu+kvm. Having used
virtualbox in the past, I now use virt-manager for a similar graphical
experience that I find just as easy to use.

Your summary frames virtualbox as the "intuitive GUI" one and qemu+kvm as
the "command line" one, which is only true if you ignore virt-manager. Is
there some reason you chose to do so?

It's also worth noting that virtualbox has an extensive command-line
interface, so I wouldn't describe it as "resistant to scripting".

Sorry I'm providing unsolicited feedback, but as a big fan of
kvm+libvirt+virt-manager, I'd like to see that side fully represented. :)

Michael