[TriLUG] Data center servers/storage equipment looking for new homes

Ron Kelley via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun May 31 13:26:12 EDT 2015

Pulled some gear out of the data center that needs to find another home.  Here is what I have:

1x 12-bay Promise E310f fiber channel SAN chassis
  --> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/801018-REG/Promise_Technology_VTE310FD_VTrak_E310fD_RAID_Storage.html/?gclid=CMmM7t297MUCFdcYgQodRoUAVQ
  --> Supports 12x SAS/SATA drives
  --> Dual power supply
  --> Can supply extra drives, fiber channel PCIe HBA, FC cables

1x 8-bay Promise M200f fiber channel SAN chassis
  --> http://www.amatteroffax.com/item.asp?INVID=1148216&SRC=gshopping&BASEID=1143313&gclid=CKmJ1u-97MUCFZI8gQodZmYAQg
  --> Supports 8x SAS/SATA drives
  --> Single power supply
  --> Can supply extra drives, fiber channel PCIe HBA, FC cables

3x Supermicro 8-bay SATA drive chassis
  --> Similar to http://www.wiredzone.com/supermicro-servers-2u-barebone-dual-processor-as-2021m-t2r-b-32003540
  --> Includes Motherboard, RAM, CPU, SATA HW RAID controller (Areca or LSI)
  --> Great NAS chassis
  --> Supports virtualization hypervisors (ESXi, etc) - great for home lab

1x Apple X-Server
  --> 1RU rack-mount server, headless design
  --> Single quad-core 2.6GHz CPU, can include 8G RAM (might have more in another box)
  --> Can include some SATA drives if necessary

3x Tyan S5377 Tempest dual-node servers
  --> http://www.tyan.com/manuals/m_s5377_100.pdf
  --> 1RU chassis with "split motherboard" design - 2 separate nodes in a single chassis
  --> Includes CPU, RAM
  --> Excellent ESXi server, great for home lab

1x Supermicro X8SIL-F rackmount server
  --> Used as dedicated pfSense firewall
  --> Includes CPU, RAM, and additional Intel dual-port GigE

Lots of pics if you are interested - need to move the gear out of the garage as soon as possible.  Make me a reasonable offer, and you can pick it up today!  Also, have lots of extra cables, RAID controllers, etc.

Gear located in Apex.

Thank,

-Ron