[TriLUG] OT Drone Zone

Newcomb, Doug via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 14 09:09:59 EDT 2015

Slightly back on topic, if you want to process the photos you get from your
drone, kite or balloon, into a 3D surface, you can use opendronemap.
https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2qp3o8caPs

Steven Mather's blog always has a lot of interesting info on open source
software, primarily linux based,  and drones
https://smathermather.wordpress.com/category/opendronemap/

Discussion ><trilug at trilug.org>

<https://github.com/charlesrwest/societyOfMachines>), PylonGPS (for sharing
)
>for an open source architecture for integrating drones with our existing
>airspace (preventing in air collisions with plans and other objects).  We
>are also working on making NC State University an official member of
>Dronecode, which is a Linux foundation supported project/alliance to create
>open source software for control/use of drones (https://www.dronecode.org/
).

email: crwest at ncsu.edu

--