[TriLUG] Android Address Book

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 14 18:05:10 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 04:02:57PM -0400, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:
> Odd.  I just looked at my android phone and I have one entry per person, sometimes with multiple phone numbers.  I don't see the situation you describe.  This is also the case with my work phone Phone which is android but syncs to snap exchange server and uses VCF for the entries.

Yes, I do have multiple phone numbers, just multiple records with
multiple phone numbers.

> Did you do something that caused the multiple entries to appear suddenly?

Changed phones a few months ago.

> I too suspect it is something related to the app your using?

No argument.

Anybody have any particular favourites?

I am seeing this with both the stock Phone Contacts that came with the
phone, and with TrueDialer, that was recommended.

I transferred the data from the old phone with vCardIO, that I have been using for years for backups.

Brian