[TriLUG] TWC SNMP Community

Jarod Watkins via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 16 14:13:39 EDT 2015

Does anyone know a SNMP community string that works with TWC provisioned modems (specifically a Motorola Surfboard, but I imagine they use the same for all)? I have tried calling both TWC and Arris (Motorola) and nether are willing to give it out. Apparently a read only community is not bundled in the firmware by default. I am currently graphing metrics by screen scrapping the status page however I would love to just point CollectD straight to the modem itself. Also you can see a few extra bits like your provisioned speeds etc.

Thanks,
Jarod