[TriLUG] Department of Clarification - please

MR-pootr via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 16 20:06:20 EDT 2015

The players:

  * POTS
  * ISP provider
  * Fiber Optic to house provider

Can one of you provide a theater program or menu to clarify who is on
first, etc.

Is each  one of the player's above  offering all three functions, or
only some?
What is a rational choice tree?

I have:
     POTS and ISP with emails from  AT&T
     Internet access via U-Verse, but at $23/mo for (probably) their
slowest speed
     Google is expected to offer Fiber Optic in my neighborhood 'soon'.
Price uncertain. Does G-fiber go to AT&T servers for my email, etc.?

I want:
     high speed to Internet to all manner of sites, but not TV (antenna
suffices 99% of time, or  cable channels.
     email (probably several addresses which I have now as x1, x2, etc
@bellsouth.net, but would be  willing to change.
     Price is v. important, behind reliability.

Thoughts?

--
Michael Rulison
	919 782 9576 (landline with answering machine – preferred )