[TriLUG] WIFI EAP-TTLS connection issue

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 4 15:05:54 EDT 2015

Chris,

It was brought to my attention, by a good friend on this list, that it was
a bit harsh to recommend a different distro for a very specific problem and
it smells like distro pushing. He was right and I apologize for throwing my
suggestion out there like that.

I am not affiliated with Mint in any way, however, I do tend to push it
whenever I hear someone is transitioning from Windows. I do this because I
think it is the most user friendly and it lessens the odds of a would be
new Linux user from throwing their hands up and saying "I can't do this"
and resorting back to Windows.

Although I was very determined, I started out with Ubuntu then had to
resort back to Windows. It was a year or two later before I could finally
escape Windows and Mint made the transition quite painless with very few
problems. I have given non tech family members Mint and Ubuntu. They were
confused by Ubuntu/Unity but happy for years with Mint and the Cinnamon
desktop. I consider Mint to be the gateway distro. The drawback is it
probably has the highest number of proprietary things running under the
hood among all the distros.

Anyhoo, this all happened before I found TriLUG. With TriLUG as a resource,
you will very likely be successful with any distro or any Linux related
endeavor.

My apologies and good luck to you and your wife.

Jeremy Davis