[TriLUG] Front End for PostgreSQL

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Sep 8 19:40:43 EDT 2015

My suggestion for web UI would be rails.  I mean really Django vs Rails the
question should be what language do you know better now, ruby or python.

That being said, although it is not a recommended final product once you
are setup with a rails project you get a lot of prototype built fast with:

rails generate scaffold *tableitem fieldname1:fieldtype1
fieldname2:fieldtype2*

Now most in the rails world say don't do that but it is a crazy fast way to
prototype out a web app if your rails project and DB are already setup.

Ken