[TriLUG] eth0 to enp3s0f2

Brian Weaver via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 9 19:55:18 EDT 2015

You should be able to add a command line parameter to the linux boot to
disable the use of BIOS dev names, works with dracut kernels

Navigate to https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/dracut/dracut.html
and look for biosdevname

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Stephen P. Schaefer via TriLUG <
trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> I know I'm quite late to this party, but could someone describe survival
> in the circle of hell in which all my installation infrastructure is
> trashed because I no longer have any idea what my network interface name
> is going to be?  All the kickstart files, all the kickstart generation
> code, all the cobbler snippets, useless.
>
>     - Stephen
> --
> This message was sent to: cmdrclueless at gmail.com <cmdrclueless at gmail.com>

/* insert witty comment here */