[TriLUG] eth0 to enp3s0f2

Stephen P. Schaefer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 10 00:40:04 EDT 2015

Yup: I un-cpio'd initrd.img and found my way to lib/udev/rules.d/71-biosdevname.rules where I found a comment describing the kernel command line option "biosdevname=0".  That will take care of my circumstances for a good while now.  I'm not dealing with a gentoo distribution, so net.ifnames=0 is inapplicable.

- Stephen

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015, at 07:55 PM, Brian Weaver wrote:
> You should be able to add a command line parameter to the linux boot
> to disable the use of BIOS dev names, works with dracut kernels
>
> Navigate to
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/dracut/dracut.html and
> look for biosdevname
>

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Stephen P. Schaefer via TriLUG
> <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>> I know I'm quite late to this party, but could someone describe
>> survival

in the circle of hell in which all my installation infrastructure is

trashed because I no longer have any idea what my network interface name

is going to be?  All the kickstart files, all the kickstart generation

code, all the cobbler snippets, useless.

- Stephen

--

This message was sent to: cmdrclueless at gmail.com <cmdrclueless at gmail.com>

Welcome to TriLUG: http://trilug.org/welcome