[TriLUG] Linux from scratch project?

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 10 10:39:20 EDT 2015

A baby baby step would be to move away from the Mint/Ubuntu route and go
for Debian.

I will say this that since you have an interest in computer audio, and have
gotten to know the KXStudio repos I would stay where they are compatible.
They really are a huge value add for Linux Music and Audio.

That being said KXStudio has their own repo and can also be added to Debian
and Ubuntu derivatives.  However Arch Linux has all the KXStudio software
in the AUR, so that is an option as well.

BSD is really not a good audio solution.  No real good ALSA solution which
limits USB audio interfaces.

Ken