[TriLUG] Hack Night September 17: Configure our New Server!

Matthew Frazier via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Sep 12 13:58:12 EDT 2015

Topic: Configure The New Server!
When: Thursday, 17 September 2015 - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Where: Splat Space, 800 N Mangum St, Durham, NC
Parking: Free in the gated Splat Space building lot
Map: http://splatspace.org/location/

After months of hard work and phone tag by Jack Hill and Kevin Otte, our
new server, Moya, has been racked and installed in temporary housing!
(Thanks to MetaMetrics for providing the space!) Our mission tonight is
to set up basic virtualization infrastructure to run the next generation
of TriLUG services, and to stand up a replica of our current server,
Pilot, to assist in porting services over.

We will plan and coordinate our efforts in advance on the #trilug-sys
IRC channel, on irc.freenode.net. You can also share your experiences
and advice with small virtualization setups on our mailing list. But the
distro is already chosen - Debian - and we're not going to change it, so
please no distro advocacy.

See you there,
Matthew Frazier
PR Officer, Triangle Linux Users Group