[TriLUG] OT: Powerline networking recommendation

Lance A. Brown via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Sep 13 10:02:23 EDT 2015

Hi Ed,

I bought a pair of TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT AV500 Nano Powerline Adapters to
get network connectivity to my Samsung Smart TV on the 1st floor front
of my house from my office on the 2nd floor at the back of the house.
I'm pretty sure the outlets are not on the same wiring leg.  The TV has
Wi-Fi but suffered frequent dropouts and disconnects, making watching
streaming material from my Plexmedia server painful.

Testing with a laptop, I was able to generate 480Mbit of traffic to/from
my server using multiple instances of iperf on the laptop.  The adapters
worked like a charm and I don't have any network-related dropouts on my
TV anymore.

Link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWRUICG

--[Lance]