[TriLUG] OT: Powerline networking recommendation

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 17 14:51:21 EDT 2015

When you do the extension cord test you might also want to measure to see what the difference in ground potential is set the two outlets for curiosity sake. While it doesn't apply so much to the Ethernet over the power lines, it does raise the issue of ground potential being different in separate parts of he house or building, which can damage stuff if you try to connect it via things like serial cables that are ground referenced.

Sent from my iPad