[TriLUG] OT: Powerline networking recommendation

Don Jerman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 17 15:06:16 EDT 2015

Hint: if your ground potential isn't zero call an electrician.  Residences
should be on a common ground.

I had a heck of a time convincing phbs that this was a thing when I was
running a coax network that has been string between two old buildings back
in the last century... Every storm would knock out a pair of repeater ports
and two or three workstations.  They just kept replacing stuff and assuring
me that both buildings were grounded. Eventually we got a properly isolated
line connected and the problems went away.... But by that time I was on
another assignment.