[TriLUG] DevFestNC 2015

Luke Dary via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 26 15:25:43 EDT 2015

DevFestNC 2015, on November 7th from 8am to 6pm at the North Carolina
School of Science and Mathematics, is just under two weeks away, and we've
got a number of great speakers, demos, and codelabs on tap. Tickets can be
purchased at https://www.universe.com/devfestnc2015 and enter access key
"UG15" for $5 off the regular price. We'll have a couple of Project Tango
devices to check out, space for hacking, and plenty of stuff to give away
as always. Keep an eye on the G+ event page (
https://plus.google.com/events/c8ji0i28rjljb0rpkls824a8fis) for livestream
links, comments, photos, and updates. Below is the list of the
presentations that we're expecting (some long and some short):

* Carlos Santana - Building Mobile Apps using Ionic and Cloud Services
* Burr Sutter - JavaScript and the IoT
* Michael Prentice - Making Material Design Work for You
* Aidan Cunniffe - Dropsource: Automated Programming in Action
* Dakota Williams - development vs computer science
* Paul Rummel - How Vijilent works
* Mangy Monkeys Robotics Team from Magellan Charter School - Robots
Reducing Waste
* George Wayne - Chariot: The Arduino Web of Things Revolution Starts Now!
* David Cole - Using geolocation with web-based mobile apps
* Elliot Rodriguez - TDD - A Primer In PHP
* Andres Andreu - Spraying requests through Tor
* Stanley Karunditu - Using Nose to Test Ansible Modules
* Ken Auer - HotDraw Revisited: Object-Oriented JavaScript and Canvas + The
Relationship Between Agility and Expertise
* Evan Diehnelt - Google Sheets Automation
* David Holmes - mathdoodle.io: Learning Mathematics and Geometric Physics
through Computational Modeling