[TriLUG] Wifi Bridge

Bill Farrow via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Oct 28 14:30:48 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> can you put a window in the shed or replace a panel with
> fibreglass/wood/some non-metal? How about a ventpipe lambda/2 in diameter
> with a circular rf-horn on the outside? A yagi on the outside with coax
> through the wall? Put in a skylight, with a flat plate metal reflector above
> it (or Al backed insulation), pointing down into the shed? Cut a series of
> lambda/2 slots in the wall facing the free wifi and use the slots as a
> sector antenna (cover the slots with a sheet of thick plastic).

An RF solution. I love it. 2.4GHz Wifi has a wavelength of 12.5cm
(4.92 inches for those stuck with olde-world measurements). Cut
rectangular slots or circular holes ? (This is probably not going to
allowed, but it is a fun thought process).

Bill