[TriLUG] Wifi Bridge

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Oct 28 13:56:53 EDT 2015

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015, Bill Farrow via TriLUG wrote:

> Ethernet over powerline does not solve the problem. I can run cat5e
> through the shed wall, but I still need to connect to the "Free Wifi"
> outside.

can you put a window in the shed or replace a panel with fibreglass/wood/some
non-metal? How about a ventpipe lambda/2 in diameter with a circular rf-horn on
the outside? A yagi on the outside with coax through the wall? Put in a
skylight, with a flat plate metal reflector above it (or Al backed insulation),
pointing down into the shed? Cut a series of lambda/2 slots in the wall facing
the free wifi and use the slots as a sector antenna (cover the slots with a
sheet of thick plastic).

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml