[TriLUG] TPP could invalidate the GPL

Bill Farrow via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Nov 6 16:27:17 EST 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Michael Hall via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> I believe that the "Party" referenced there is one of the national
> governments that has signed the TPP agreement. That means that China,
> for example, can't require that Microsoft provide it with the source
> code to Windows as a condition of selling Windows in China.

OK, that invalidates my argument, thanks. I found the definition in
the General Definitions section: "Party means any State or separate
customs territory for which this Agreement is in force;"

Congress has under 60 days left to do their due diligence before this
get's signed into law...

Bill