[TriLUG] Slightly OT: Popping Yahoo Mail

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Dec 10 09:27:19 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 08:52:32AM -0500, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:
> Years ago the difficulty of getting yahoo mail to cooperate properly with a
> local email client solidified my switch over to gmail.
>
> I will say this, when using a local client my personal favorite is mutt.
> Call me old school but email in a terminal is ideal to me when not using a
> web client.

Like Ken, my preferred e-mail client is mutt.  I only use graphical
e-mail clients, like Thunderbird, when absolutely necessary.
Unfortunately, these days, that is more often than I would like.

For this project, you might want to look at something like Fetchmail,
just to grab and download all of the remote mail and put it somewhere
local.

As far as graphical e-mail tools, some time ago I was pointed at Claws
Mail, which does seem to have some advantages over Thunderbird, although
both a bit more primative and more advanced than Thunderbird, in
different ways.

Brian