[TriLUG] Call for PR Officer nominations

Matthew Frazier via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Dec 10 22:54:42 EST 2015

Greetings, TriLUG,

Thanks to everyone who came out to the holiday party at Red Hat tonight!
The food was delicious, the demos were cool, and the socializing was
fun.

At the party, I announced something which the Steering Committee (SC)
has known about for a bit now: I'm planning to resign my post as PR
Officer, effective after our January 14 meeting. TriLUG is a great
community - it was instrumental in my professional development, and I'm
glad that I had the opportunity to serve as PR Officer for this half
year. But, I have a lot of non-TriLUG responsibilities, and at this
point in my life I don't think I have the time to be as effective in the
role as TriLUG deserves. (I volunteered for SC before I started my
current job, and I was a bit optimistic about my free time.)

Per the Articles of Incorporation, we will hold an election for the new
PR Officer at the January 14, 2016 TriLUG meeting. Nominations are now
open - if you would like to serve, you may nominate yourself on the
mailing list through January 4, 2016.

As PR Officer, you would be responsible for attending TriLUG's general
meetings, and the SC's weekly business meetings in IRC, when you're
available. You would also be the point person for sending out emails and
making social media announcements for TriLUG meetings and other
business. Outside attending the meetings, being friendly, and offering a
helping hand, the primary activities are remembering when you need to
send out the emails and announcements, and networking with other FOSS
user communities to promote TriLUG events.

Thanks for electing me to SC to begin with - I regret not being able to
serve my entire term, but I want to make sure that TriLUG has the best
PR Officer possible, even though that's probably not me right now. I'll
still stay involved and come to meetings. (At least the interesting
ones. ...Which are most of them.)

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier
TriLUG PR Officer