[TriLUG] Dropbox and folders (directories)

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 11 09:07:43 EST 2016

I really don't see why you would use both.

You *could* write a script that copies your files to the Dropbox folder
nightly, but that seems like you're duplicating Dropbox features.

Dropbox has a nice "Extended Version History" feature:

"With Extended Version History enabled for your account, Dropbox keeps undo
history of your files for one year. Without Extended Version History,
Dropbox will keep the last 30 days of undo history for your account,
allowing you to undelete files that were deleted in the last 30 days, and
allowing you to go back to previous versions of your files that were
created in the last 30 days.
When you remove Extended Version History, we will remove your deleted files
and file versions that are older than this 30 day undo limit. This change
will take effect at the end of your current billing period on May 16, 2016."

We have the paid account with 1 yr. of "un-do" capability.

-Wes

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."