[TriLUG] Dropbox and folders (directories)

bak via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 11 09:09:29 EST 2016

Synchronization ≠ backup (though it is better than nothing).

If a file you are synchronizing is corrupted or damaged, you run the risk of synchronizing the damage to the remote data store.

I don’t use dropbox but IIRC it has a version history feature. That would more properly be a backup, but check to see what their policies are for data retention — how long do they keep old copies, and how many they keep.

—bak