[TriLUG] Dropbox and folders (directories)

C TC via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 11 09:34:40 EST 2016

Nothing beats using real "off line" backups for retention.
Especially for important and confidential data.
Though Dropbox data is encrypted with 256-AES, I don't
rely on it as a standalone backup.

Do you "need" both copies? One of the best parts of Dropbox
is that you can edit files on your local Dropbox directory
while off line, and it will auto-sync when you connect.
If you have data loss paranoia, use separate files, and overwrite
the DB version when you copy it to the DB directory.