[TriLUG] bash script help

Peter Neilson via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Mar 27 09:22:11 EDT 2016

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:45:01 -0400, MvER - TrLUG via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> In the end, it was my sheer inability to see what I had written. There
> is a difference between 'kdbx' and 'kbdx'; it is CRITICAL.

Reminds me of the Fortran code (6-char identifier limit) I saw so long
ago, written by a scientist in our lab. It contained implicit-integer gems
such as these:
I1OII1
I011OI
II11O1
I0II01

He was having one of his grad students desk-debugging the code. She told
me that the bad code was the least of her problems, because his
personality was far worse.

This was the same person who would cancel and resubmit his remote batch
jobs because they had not advanced quickly enough in the queue, and berate
me (I maintained the comm line for remote batch) when he never
accomplished anything in a day's worth of constant resubmittal.