[TriLUG] Tablet Recommendations

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon May 2 17:13:49 EDT 2016

In the case of the Samsung Galaxy series it is a little bit carrier and a
little bit samsung.  Samsung is pushing their own app store and of course
touch wiz on top of android as well as knox and the locked bootloader
(making rooting the devices a mix of very difficult to next to
impossible).  It is getting better.  My S4 from verizon had a lot more junk
than the S7 (again Verizon) that I recently got.

To be fair I am really happy with the S7, we got a BOGO on it where we got
one s7 free as well as a galaxy tablet.

Side note for the android fans, check out the app Automate, as in the
programmable flowchart automation (similar to tasker) that is in the play
store.