[TriLUG] Tablet Recommendations

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon May 2 17:31:33 EDT 2016

Hi Matt,

Just a suggestion.  If they already have a typically sized smartphone
(android or ios), hand them Google Cardboard along with the tablet.
It's cheap.  I finally got around to trying Cardboard after all of the
recent advertising for Occulus Rift.  I'm finding it to be quite
impressive.  There are a lot of sightseeing apps and games, and even
some 3D videos you can watch.  Some of it costs money, but there's
plenty of free stuff as well.  A good place to start is "Sites in 3D",
which is like VR picture postcards of landmarks and monuments all over
the world.  You can view 360 degrees around and look up and down.

If you poke around in the google play store under Cardboard you'll find
quite a lot of games and free demos.  If you give it to them, tell them
they'll need some clear floor space  ;-)

  Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote
scottchilcote at ncrrbiz.com