[TriLUG] telephone system advice

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue May 24 19:40:28 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Jon Carnes via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> Any decent internet service will work for a few phones - but you may have to invest in a nice firewall so you can limit the amount of bandwidth used by streaming services like Netflix and Pandora.
>
> The fall back is automatic forwarding of calls to cell phones - or any type of phone really
>
> Plus, you can run via a hotspot if the cable gets knocked out. I did that for a week. Worked fine.

      I knew someone whose phone and internet was through verizon. He
had a thingie that was bigger than your normal hotspot since it also
had ethernet port in addition to wifi. Probably expensive but his only
other option was satelite and he found out it sucked for internet