[TriLUG] Request for help: residential internet service provider options.

Steve Holton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed May 25 10:24:04 EDT 2016

> Just for giggles, have you tried any other DNS servers, for comparison?

Excellent suggestion. But yes. I've rotated through the list with no
appreciable change.

My pingtest goes to Windstream's DNS server because I at least they can't
blame ping-loss on other people's network.

Our DSL has been broadly acceptable for several years, it's only recently
that it has collapsed.

I've discounted physical layer problems because the service seems
acceptable during bankers hours, and because I can't get Windstream to look
at it anyway.

Thanks.