[TriLUG] Changing DNS Servers (was Request for help: residential internet service provider options.)

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed May 25 15:54:14 EDT 2016

Folks on StackExchange think that dnsmasq.conf is a good way to do it:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/128220/how-do-i-set-my-dns-when-resolv-conf-is-being-overwritten

What works for my home network is to put the DNS entries into the DHCP
server settings of my broadband router.  This only works for DHCP
clients though (i.e. not for static configurations).

  Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote
scottchilcote at ncrrbiz.com