[TriLUG] outgoing mail problem on pilot

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Jun 4 22:28:23 EDT 2016

This is for one of the sysadmins on pilot:

I just sent an e-mail to the problem report form on pilot. On pressing submit I
got "you have been banned from posting"

The original problem: I use alpine on pilot for mail.

Just now I got a TLS error on attempting to send. The error message said that
this is normal (if it is, it hasn't happened before) that alpine was
misconfigured and to change the name of the mailserver to
"mail.trilug.org/notls". I changed the outgoing mailserver string from
"mail.trilug.org/ssl" to the above string. Then on sending e-mail I got "invalid
servername". I changed the name back (at least I thought I did) and got the
"invalid servername" error again (and not the invalid TLS error), so maybe
there's something wrong with the servername still.

Can you fix the TLS error and the servername error please?

Thanks Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml