[TriLUG] Intro to Command Line Class

David Both via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 12 18:50:38 EDT 2016

I will be teaching tomorrow night. There are still seats available if
anyone would like to attend. It is open to all genders.

I wrote the course and I have licensed the course content under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License so you
can use it as the basis for your courses if you like.

Yes, it is a lot of ground to cover, but the notes for each slide in the
handouts provide the information needed to complete most of the
activities without an instructor. And we will only be going into some
things at a very superficial level. I am hoping to put together a longer
course, but considering that most of the target audience, regardless of
gender, have day jobs, a couple hours a week at night is about all most
can take away from other necessary activities and family time.

On 07/12/2016 06:37 PM, Steve Litt via TriLUG wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:26:13 -0400
> Roy Vestal via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>
>>    I work with the US CyberPatriot program as a coach for the past 4
>> years. However, I am working with middle and high school kids. Is
>> there anything like this that is being offered for that age group? I
>> noticed this was for 18 year olds and older.
> You could probably make your own. The content of the course is pretty
> much laid out at
> http://www.meetup.com/Girl-Develop-It-RDU/events/231610339/.
>
> If I were making the course, I'd make it a day or two. This is *a lot*
> of content for 2 hours. Also, if your middle school and early high
> school kids are anything like what I was at their age, they just aren't
> as smart as a 20 year old. You're mileage may vary, but every five
> years I think I was an idiot five years ago.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
>       of the Successful Technologist
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/techniques

"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that."
  - Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, 1931
David P. Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the
retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as
printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you
believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it
immediately.