[TriLUG] CityCamp Sept 22-24

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 9 12:50:38 EDT 2016

I concur and highly recommend this event!

If they still use the same format, it starts out like a Barcamp where
people pitch idea topics, then everyone votes on topics they are interested
and those topics are presented in detail. Then everyone votes on the best
idea and the event turns into a competition where attendees form teams to
develop the idea/product in a mashup style. The winners would recieve a
nice cash prize and community gets a new tool. For example, I think one
year they created a wiki map of the Triangle greenways.

Furthermore, some great open source community leaders from our area will be
there participating. Jason Hibbets from RedHat is one of the main
organizers and I think he led the development of opensource.com.

I think the local Code for America brigades are involved with the event.
Also I believe there are usually local big data/open data groups involved.
Last but not least there are usually some local civic leaders invited to
attend.

The format may have changed (not sure) but I can vouch that is a great
event to be a part of. I encourage everyone from TriLUG to attend if you
can.

Jeremy Davis
TriLUG PR

On Friday, September 9, 2016, Hrivnak, Michael via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org>
wrote:

> This event in Raleigh may be of interest to many of you. It's very
> OSS-friendly and includes a hackathon.
>
> http://citycampnc.org/
>
> "CityCamp NC is an annual event that brings citizens, city/county/state
> government, and businesses together to openly innovate and improve our
> quality of life through technology."
>
> Michael
> --
> This message was sent to: Jeremy Davis <jeremyhwllc at gmail.com