[TriLUG] Out Of Band Management Suggestions

John Ostrander via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 9 14:00:22 EDT 2016

Hey y'all,

I do lone star I.T. for a company that just acquired another company
with an office that's about an 18 hour drive from where I lay my head,
so I need to set up some kind of out of band management for when their
network inevitably gets borken. I'm leaning towards a RasPi + 3G modem
that has a persistent reverse shell to a cloud VPS so I can always have
a reliable box on the net, but I want to fly the question and idea here
before I pull the trigger on this.

So do any of y'all have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

--
John M. Ostrander
john at crackroot.org

"Man is the measure of all things: of things which are, that they are,
and of things which are not, that they are not." Protagoras