[TriLUG] In Need of Job Advice

Michael Kimsal via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Oct 21 19:19:06 EDT 2016

"Job" implies you're an employee, with a steady paycheck (not 100%
implication, but that's the general usage).

If you started a freelance gig without something in writing... don't do
that again.

If you started a 'contract' gig - without a contract - what did you do?

Are you doing this through a recruiting agency?

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 7:03 PM, David Both via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org>
wrote:

> Too long! No money no work.
>

> On 10/21/2016 07:00 PM, Nathan Yinger via TriLUG wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> So I started my first job at a tech company in August, and I'm trying to
>> figure out how long it should take to finalize a contract/get paid. It
>> seems to be taking a very long time. The people who are supposed to sign
>> my
>> contract are always out of the office or busy, and they said they were
>> finally going to pay me this week, but they didn't. Just how long does
>> this
>> normally take?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> ~Nathan Yinger

> David P. Both, RHCE
> Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
> Raleigh, NC, USA
> 919-389-8678
>
> dboth at millennium-technology.com
>
> www.millennium-technology.com
> www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
> DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
> This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
> Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent
> to the
> retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as
> well as
> printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it.
> If you
> believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it
> immediately.
>

> --
> This message was sent to: mgkimsal at gmail.com <mgkimsal at gmail.com>
> options/trilug/mgkimsal%40gmail.com