[TriLUG] In Need of Job Advice

Michael Kimsal via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Oct 21 19:21:58 EDT 2016

"The contract is 1099, but hasn't been signed yet. Like I said, it just
never seems to be a good time for them.

They seemed pretty disorganized from the start, but I am not exactly in a
situation to be picky."

Submit an invoice to them right now.  Figure out who should get the
invoice, and make sure they receive it.

"I am not exactly in a situation to be picky."

Yes you are.  You're saying "I can't be choosey because I need the work",
right?  You don't need the work, you need the money. And if they're not
paying, be looking for something else ASAP.  There's plenty of places you
can go work without getting paid - this place is nothing special.