[TriLUG] [TriEmbed] In Need of Job Advice

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Oct 23 20:32:42 EDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 07:05:32PM -0400, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:
> Income taxes are on earned *income.* $zero It's no income . X% of zilch is zilch.

Unfortunately, the tax department doesn't see it the way that "normal"
people would.

By doing the work with an agreement to be paid, he has earned the
income, whether it was paid or not.

Although I am not a tax accountant, I have had the misfortune to have
had to pay taxes on various types of contract income for many years.

Brian