[TriLUG] MongoDB: was tuned tunings

Steve Litt via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Nov 23 18:05:34 EST 2016

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 14:57:07 -0800
Lee Fickenscher via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> It's for Mongo,

Hi Lee,

My (brief) use of Mongo tells me it's a spectacular data store. I
really like the fact that my data can go in ad-hoc. Obviously that
ability can be gravely misused, but I think of all the time I had to
make all sorts of tables and joins just so the user could make new
categories for data entered, and wished I'd had Mongo 20 years ago.

Anyway, how do you like it, what are the best places to learn more
about it, and who is writing about Mongo best practices?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2016 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz