[TriLUG] new - old linux help

Jim Ray via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Nov 28 16:11:54 EST 2016

LAMP on Raspberry Pi works well. Mine runs off of 5V DC 2.5A.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/learning/lamp-web-server-with-wordpress/worksheet/

Build a LAMP Web Server with WordPress
Learn to set up a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack on your Raspberry Pi and configure it to work as a web server. You'll download and install WordPress and set up a basic website which you can access on any device on the same network as your Pi.

Set up Apache Web ServerApache is a popular web server application you can install on the Raspberry Pi to allow it to serve web pages.
On its own, Apache can serve HTML files over HTTP, and with additional modules can serve dynamic web pages using scripting languages such as PHP.
Install Apache

First install the apache2 package by typing the following command into the terminal:
sudo apt-get install apache2 -y

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse Networks –  IT Management and Project Services
office: 919-838-1672 cell: 984-459-0458